Thursday 27 December 2012

Papercutting of a stag-rabbit



Since leaving uni, I have been left with a gaping hole in m' soul that can only be filled by making things. I have taken to doing papercuttings of pictures (google image search anything of your choice, followed by silhouette). This is a convenient craft as all you need is a cutting mat, a scalpel, lots of 120gsm paper in different colours, a HB and H3 pencil and tracing paper. 

I found a picture of this papercutting online, printed it, traced it, transferred it on to black paper, then cut it out with a scalpel and put it in a big frame I found in TKMaxx for £16.00. I will eventually find a place for him on my wall, but for now he is resting against my bookshelf in the living room. Because the frame is so big, it looks quite effective there, and is more in my eye-line when on the sofa, anyway. 

I gave a framed papercutting of an Alice in Wonderland scene to my step-sister for Christmas and she loved it. They take a bit of time, but are really good homemade presents. 

Fabienne x

No comments:

Post a Comment